Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sweet Tooth

In less than 6 weeks, Adam and I, along with our friends Bob and Val, are setting sail for a 6 days/5 nights cruise to the Bahamas!!

We are SUPER excited, but that’s a whole other post. Good grief, I can’t wait!

Adam and I were talking about the cruise Monday morning, and I mentioned that I needed to get bikini body ready.  We are really good about working out, but not so great on the diet portion.  I really don’t think we eat too terrible and actually somewhat healthy, but it’s the sweets that have become a problem.

Adam had the idea that we cut out all sweets until the cruise.  This was a little TOO steep for me.  I can’t just go all cold turkey.  I like to set realistic goals and that to me is not realistic.  So we compromised and decided we could have one sweet a week.

So here we are on day 4 of no sweets – I’m DYING!  I didn’t realize how much of a habit I had created.  It’s not so bad during the day, because I usually never eat sweets, but it’s after dinner that really gets me.  I’ve just gotten so used to having something sweet that I just CRAVE it (and that’s a problem!).

I’ve found the best method for me is to brush my teeth relatively soon after dinner.  After I’ve brushed my teeth for the night, I don’t want to have to rebrush them, so the temptation is gone (but not necessarily the craving…). 

I already told Adam that when we do finally have a sweet this week, it is going to be something REALLY good such as:
You know, just a few things I've been daydreaming about....

I can do this, I can do this, I can do this!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, is that bread pudding in the first picture? What ever it is, it looks right up my alley. Anywho, I read somewhere in the last six or so months that 'if you crave something sweet after finishing a meal it may be due to not eating enough protein'. I too was on that boat (still am sometimes) and tried upping the protein at dinner. If craving something still I ate/eat cheese or pb depending on the mood; AND if I'm still craving I try to eat a piece of uber dark chocolate. It works well most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I've been dying for some bread pudding! Thanks for the tips; I'll keep them in mind!

      Delete
  2. Oh, great. So now Bob and I will need to give up eating completely to not be embarrassed next to you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...