Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ruler Growth Chart

Since yesterday's blog featured Adam's project, I thought today I would feature mine.

Two of my very best friends had babies turning one right around the same time, and I couldn't think of anything to get them.  First birthdays are so hard to me.  The child is too young to understand or appreciate a gift, and I know both of these ladies didn't necessarily want a bunch of toys (who wants your house taken over by toys that your child really doesn't even play with).

So I decided I would make them something.  I had pinned a ruler growth chart project on pinterst a long time ago, and I knew this would be the perfect project.  I made two, one for both Claire and Neil, in one afternoon.  SUPER easy project!  I followed this tutorial to a "t" and love the way they turned out.

 Can we say baby model?  Goodness, he's cute!

The ruler growth chart is 6 1/2 feet tall.  It starts at six inches and is meant to be hung on the wall six inches above the ground. 


Hopefully this will be a piece they both have for a very long time, marking their sweet little growth from year to year.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo cute! We got a puppy (now 3/12 months old) and wanted to keep up with her height like a kid. However I did not want to mark on my walls! We just bought a yard stick though (much easier to use than trying to get the girl to a specific spot for measurement).

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...