Wednesday, January 9, 2013

On The Big Screen

We RARELY go to the movies, but I've actually been to the movies two weekends in a row here recently.

First it was The Hobbit with Adam:

If you love The Lord of the Rings trilogy (which I do), then you'll love The Hobbit.  It's a little more lighthearted than The Lord of the Rings.  Definitely recommend it.

Next was Les Miserables with my friend Amanda:

Oh.My.Goodness!!!  SO good! I had never seen the musical or any of the old movies, so I had no idea what the storyline was.  My friend Val recommended reading up on the story before hand, which I did, and that was very helpful. 

I must say I enjoyed every single minute of it.  I HIGHLY recommend this one, and definitely worth seeing it on the big screen instead of at home.  Heck, I'd go see it again.  Anyone need a movie date?

Not necessarily a movie, but last weekend Adam and I started the Showtime series Homeland:

We got the first of four disks in the mail from Netflix, and it contained three episodes.  Let's just say Adam and I watch all three episodes back-to-back on Friday night.  It sucked us right in.  I'm officially hooked!

Seen any movies lately that would merit another trip to the movies?  I love a good reason to eat buttery popcorn!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...