Thursday, September 20, 2012

"Think I'll Get It Done Yesterday....

Ahhhhh - SHIT!"


The title of this post is lyrics from my favorite Ben Fold's song, Army.  It seemed appropriate since I've been a little MIA recently.  I've been traveling out the wazoo, but that's finally all behind me.

I surprised Adam with tickets to Ben Folds Five at the Ryman for his birthday a few weeks ago.  The concert was Monday night, and they did not disappoint.  SO good!  Ben Folds Five just recently got back together, recorded an album and this is their first time touring since 1999, so it was really cool getting to see them.

They played all our favorites, and we jammed the night away.  You really can't beat a show at the Ryman.  There's not a bad seat in the house, and it's just so intimate.  I may or may not have been running a fever of a little over a 100 just hours before the show, but I wasn't going to miss it.

They even had some surprise guests join them on stage for a song - The Flaming Lips lead singer Wayne Coyne and Ke$ha.  I didn't even recognize Ke$ha until after Ben Folds introduced them both after they sang.  She looked so....normal.  Actually, she looked really pretty.

Fun fact: Ben Folds is a fellow Nashvillian - who knew!?


 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...