Friday, June 15, 2012

Music Connoisseur

My loving husband truly thinks he's a music connoisseur, and I'm not one to not give credit where credit is due.  He does usually know all the newest, up-and-coming bands and music, but let's get one thing straight, it's only for ONE particular genre: folk rock.  You know the Avett Brothers, Mumford and Sons, Grace Potter, Black Keys types.

I, on the other hand, am a more well-rounded lover of music, and it's actually ME that is the true music connoisseur, much to Adam's detest.  I listen to all types of music: from country to pop to folk rock to hip-hop to classic rock to WHATEVER!  I truly like it all, unlike my husband who cannot STAND today's country.

So when the opportunity arises to prove, once again, that it's me that is the TRUE music connoisseur in our house, I take GREAT pride in it.  Today's example:

Every morning while getting ready for work, we usually have Fresh Prince of Bel Air playing in the background.  (Gotta love TBS and their reruns!)  We've seen every episode a million times, but they are still hilarious.  This morning was the gym episode which includes this scene:



The conversion that followed went something like this:

Adam: "Is that from Water Boy?" (Referring to the Adam Sandler movie)
Me: "Huh?"
Adam: "Mama said knock you out...."
Me: "You have GOT to be kidding me!  You don't know what that's from??"
Adam: "No...."

YES!! Another instance to show my dominance as music connoisseur!  I immediately ran and got my iPhone and played Adam this video:



Victory, once again!  And definitely not the last.....


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...