Thursday, April 5, 2012

Dailymile: March

Nope - not dead, just exhausted!

Let's see.....

Since closing on the house over two weeks ago, we have:
  • Painted the kitchen
  • Moved out of our apartment
  • Moved into the house
  • Unpacked almost everything
  • Made ten BILLION trips to Lowe's
  • Hung blinds in all the windows downstairs
  • Install toilet paper holders, towel racks and hand towel racks in all three bathrooms
  • Battled with comcast on a daily bases
  • Hung up our mailbox and had our mail forwarded
And the list could go on and on.....

What's not on the list??  Running.

Unfortunately, running has taken a back seat.  Heck, who am I kidding, running hasn't even been in the car.  We actually have managed to complete all of our week day runs, but missed two consecutive long runs. (Not good...not good at all!)

I've been avoiding posting my dailymile recap for the month, because, well, I'm embarrassed.  Not only did my miles go down from last month, but they are the lowest they've been since we started training for the marathon in January.

Womp, womp....

I've missed a total of 3 long runs: a 17 miler, 20 miler and a 12 miler.  Granted, one weekend was because I had pneumonia, so I guess I had an excuse that weekend.  The other two I missed were due to painting and moving.  We were just so exhausted and didn't have a free minute either of those weekends, much less a couple of hours to run.

I was ready to throw the towel in and switch to the half.  We have SOOOO much to do with the house, and we're already off schedule/behind on our training - there's just not enough time in the day.  Oh and did I mention, we are both EXHAUSTED, and the last thing I want to do is run......

But then I saw this on pinterest the other day for the umtinth million time.....
Damn it!!

I hate those motivational running posters as much as the next person (they're too...what's the word I'm looking for....motivational and make me want to gag), but gosh darn it, this one hit home.

I just need to shut up, put my big girl panties on and finish what I started!  So this week, things got serious!  I revised my running plan, and with a little will power, I can still make this marathon a reality.  Tuesday night we jumped back on the horse with 7.5 miles and this morning before work, we pounded out a 10-miler!

We HAVE to get a 20-miler under the belt if there's any hope of surviving the marathon.  So this weekend's long run is a 15-miler and next weekend is the 20.  Lord willing, I live to tell the tale....

Are you on dailymile?  Look a girl up....

P.S.
Can I get an AMEN for a three-day weekend!?!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. haha I saw that too, and started to feel guilty. Then I thought it was a load of crap because if they were busier than me, they WOULDN'T be running because they wouldn't have time. ;) That's what I tell myself anyway. Moving is not only time-consuming, but mentally and physically exhuasting!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...