Monday, March 26, 2012

First Home Improvement Project

This weekend, we tackled our first home improvement project: painting the kitchen.  Adam wasn't too concerned with painting, but I really wanted to paint at least one room in the house before we moved it to give it "our" stamp.  The whole house is painted in a very neutral paint scheme, which is exactly how every apartment we've ever lived in has been painted.  I was just DYING for a little color.

So Adam went along with my venture, and we painted ALL weekend.  That's it.  That was our weekend. Painting one little room in the house.  I'm tired just thinking about that beast!


So with no further adieu:

The Before:

 The After:
I am IN LOVE with the colors we picked!  SO happy with the way it turned out!  The walls are grey, but kind of look blue in these pictures.  This is due to my lack of camera skills....

SOOOO much better, right?

This picture is more true-to-color on the grey.  My new fridge (and washer and dryer) came this weekend too. Can we say no more having to use the community laundry room at an apartment complex?!?

Few things I learned this weekend:
  1. Painting takes TIME.  I thought we would finish the kitchen in one day.  I mean, it's just one room....WRONG!
  2. Painting is EXPENSIVE.  Lets just say, I got a rude awaking at the paint store, and not to mention the bazillion (and I do mean, bazillion) trips back and forth to Home Depot for more supplies.
  3. Painting is hardwork!  Period.
In the end, it was all worth it (that's what I keep telling Adam at least....).  For the first time in six years, we finally have color on the walls!



post signature

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I think those colors go a lot better with the counter tops. And yes, painting is hard work. :)

    Sherri (The HoundDogs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh. you NAILED the colors! perfecto.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...