Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Two Types of Hunger

1. The Hunger Games

I finally finished the trilogy this past weekend.  I know, I know - I'm a slow reader!  Loved all the books, but if I had to put them in order of my favorite, it would be: The Hunger Games, MockingJay and Catching Fire.  If you're not on The Hunger Games' bandwagon yet, you better get on before March 23 or the train's pulling out without you!  I now have Chelle and my sister-in-law, Anna, hooked!


2. Runner's Hunger

You don't know about runner's hunger?!?  Well let me fill you in on a little secret! The more miles you run, the hungrier you are - especially after a long run.  Sunday we ran 11.2 miles with the East Nasties (totally off subject, but those people are BEAST!  Nothing like running with them to bring you back to reality real fast!).  The rest of the day Sunday was spent fighting runner's hunger.  Sure, you're burning off more calories than usual, so of course you can eat (a little) more, but not a whole pizza.  (I did not eat a whole pizza, but that's only because I didn't have a whole pizza at my disposal!).  I'm training for a marathon, but if I lose a few lbs along the way, that's a plus too, but that requires the constant fight against the hunger.

My current snack of choice:
Vanilla yogurt with crushed granola and fresh fruit (blueberries today).  At least I can eat mounds and mounds of this and not feel too guilty.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I am not on the Hunger Games bandwagon but I hear that I seriously need to be. Guess that is going to be my next book series to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelle is lending me books 2 and 3 and I can't wait to start them! Might have to give Claire to bob when he gets home and enjoy a bubble bath and book 2!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...