Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Help!!

 Meet Offender #1:
aka Mr. Sleep Patrol

Don't be fooled by that cute face!  This little man has decided that it is his responsibility job DUTY to make sure Adam and I get up on time.  Come 6 a.m. the boy needs to pee no matter what day it is.  That's fine, I understand he is on a schedule, but on the weekends, we don't stay up after said pee, we go back to sleep.  Oh noooo you don't!  This boy won't allow it!  He will sleep for another hour until about 7 a.m. (if we're lucky) and then everyone has to get up - and I mean EVERYONE! 

We feed him when we take him out to pee, so he has food and he also has free range of the house but that's not good enough.  You need to get up! And Beauford will stop at nothing to make sure you do.  He goes completely nuts!  He attacks you - and yes, I mean attacks! ie - pouncing on you like your his prey!  Not to mention he barks, growls, does his bull thing, cries, whines (just to name a few) and won't let up. 

Adam can't stand it and will get up with him and shut the bedroom door so I can sleep.  But guess what - Adam getting up is not good enough! Beauford will just sit outside the bedroom door and cry and won't let up until he can get back inside the bedroom, jump on the bed and go back to attacking me.  It doesn't matter if we yell at him, push him off the bed, pet him, whisper sweet nothings in his big floppy ears, put him in his crate, NOTHING will stop it until we BOTH get up!  It's ridiculous!!

I like no LOVE sleeping late on the weekends, and I'm being robbed of the days that I can actually sleep late before we have kids because of the crazed maniac living with me.  The part that really makes my blood boil is as soon as we both get up, Beauford heads to the nearest couch/bed for a nap  It's as if he's saying "Well my job here is done." - What tha!  It's driving me NUTS!!

Anyone have a similar situation on their hands or have any tips of solving this problem?  Any and all advise would be GREATLY appreciated!




post signature

4 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon!!

    We love waking momma up early on her days off too!!! But we eat, potty and go back to bed!

    Slobbers
    The CheeseHounds

    P.S. Note from Momma:
    Have you tried a kong filled with frozen yogurt and peanut butter??? This works wonders on my girls; keeps them quiet and occupied for hours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake Up call comes here at about 5:30 or 6:00am as well. The will normally take a potty break and sometimes eat for me. But they go right back to bed for sure and we can even shut them out of the bedroom for about an hour before the whine starts. I am an early morning riser so getting up doesn't bother me. I love my quite time in the mornings with coffee. Sounds like CheeseHound Momma might have an idea for you.

    Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha, yep. My dogs are the same way. Gone are the days of sleeping in when you have doggy children or human children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing out loud because I feel your pain so much!! Rocco is like clockwork and is awake every day by 6:30. One thing that has helped us A LOT is our doggy door. We can leave it open so he can go out as he pleases, and if we put food out and go back to bed he's usually content to leave us alone for another hour or so. However, there are still days that won't do and he HAS to have one of us awake with him. I luck out because Joey will usually get up with him (he's an early riser anyway) so then I can stay asleep, and Rocco's usually fine with just one of us. As hard and annoying as it is, I've tried to just ignore him. Easier said than done of course :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...