Friday, December 23, 2011

Friday Ramblings

Christmas vacay has officially started!  Five glorious days!! FIVE!

I'm busy cooking this morning.  I'm making goodie baskets for our families that consist of cake balls, pumpkin bread, turtles, gingerbread cookies, sausage balls and puppy chow.  I LOVE cooking/baking, so I'm literally in hog heaven right now!

I'm currently reading the second Hunger Games book - Catching Fire.  It's good so far, and last night I had my very first Hunger Games dream.  Yep, I was in the arena fighting for my life.  I found some kind of special weapon that looked like a paint brush, and when you twisted the handle a rainbow appeared in the sky.  My thoughts in the dream: "What the HELL am I supposed to do with this!?!"

Who ran with the 8:30 pace group Wednesday night with the East Nasties?!?  This girl, that's who!  Yep, I was pretty proud of myself.  I wasn't at the back and I wasn't at the front, and I hung the whole 4.5 miles.  I'm trying to increase my speed/pace.  It's not easy, but I'm making progress.

As soon as Adam gets off work, we are heading South.  Where to?  The same place we always go: South Mississippi.  I'm excited to spend Christmas with our families.  It's such a blessing to live close enough to be able to travel home and that our families live close to each other so we are able to see both sides.  Much fun is to be had, and we'll be heading back this way on Tuesday.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...