Friday, December 16, 2011

Cinnamon & Sugar Chocolate Pretzels

Gosh, I love this time of year and all the yummy treats that go along with it.  I found this recipe on pinterest a couple of weeks ago and have been thinking about it ever since.

Cinnamon & Sugar Chocolate Pretzels - a little twist on your standard chocolate covered pretzels.  They are yummy, and it took me maybe 10 minutes to make them from start to finish.  Easy and delicious - my kind of treat!

Here is the recipe:
 
Ingredients:
1 bag of pretzels (16-18 oz) I used the thatch ones because they would catch more chocolate
2/3 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup cinnamon sugar for sprinkling
1 cup white chocolate chips (I used half white and half milk chocolate)

Directions:
1.     Whisk together oil, sugar, and cinnamon. 
2.    Pour pretzels into a microwave safe bowl and pour oil mixture in.  Stir until coated.
3.    Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir.  Microwave 45 seconds more. 
4.    Spread pretzels evenly onto two cookie sheets covered in parchment paper.
5.    While still warm, sprinkle cinnamon sugar generously. 
6.   Melt white chocolate (on low heat, be careful not to burn) and drizzle over cooled pretzels. 
7.    Store in an airtight container.
You're going to LOVE these!

I've got a hot date with the man tonight, and I'm REALLY excited about it!!  Here's a hint on what we'll be doing:
And, it has nothing to do with wrapping gifts.....but how AWESOME is this wrapping paper!  I found it at Walgreens and could not pass it up. 

Gosh I love A Christmas Story and TBS' 24-hour marathon of it starting on Christmas Eve.   

Happy Friday!  It's my last Friday at work for 2011.  The next Friday I work will be in 2012 - CRAZY and AWESOME!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...