Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh, Boy...

We did it.  We actually did it.

Adam and I have officially signed up to run the 2012 Country Music MARATHON!

Yep, you heard right.  Not half marathon, but the whole sha-bang!!  Holy crap - what have we gotten ourselves into?!  D-day is April 28.

Our thought process was since we are running the New Orleans half marathon on March 4, we could just keep training for the next two months and run the Country Music Marathon.  I have NO doubt that we can do it, but its going to be a lot of blood, sweat and tears (+ blisters, cramps and probably a good bit of chafing).

This time last year, I really didn't know how I was ever going to be able to run 13.1 miles, but I worked my ass off and did it, so I know 26.2 miles is possible as well.  This year when the race splits and the half marathoners go in one direction and the marathoners go in another, I'll be running with the big dogs - I won't, per se, be a big dog, but I'll be running with them!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...