Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Freaked Out

So I must tell you about the night I had last night.  If nothing else, I need a record of the event in case it ever happens again…

The incident went down last night around 2 a.m.  Adam and I were dead asleep when all of the sudden my eyelids shot open (you know, not the “I’m still half asleep,” but the “Holy crap, I’m wide awake!”) to the sound of something that can only be described as a howl.  It sounded maybe like an animal howl.  I know you’re probably thinking it was my hound dog sleeping next to our bed, but ole Beauf doesn’t howl – never, not once.  The howl was not loud or quiet, and it sounded like it came from inside our bedroom.

I immediately reached over and woke Adam up to a “Did you hear that!?!?!”
Adam, half asleep, “I didn’t hear anything.  What did it sound like?”

My heart was racing so fast as I described the sound to Adam.  He didn’t seem too concerned at all and just rolled back over and went to sleep.  I cuddled up next to him and tried my hardest to fall back asleep for the next 30 minutes or so.  I was so freaked out that every time I closed my eyes I had to open them back up really fast to do a quick scan of the room.  That noise, whatever it was, was real.  I heard it, and I couldn’t get the sound out of my head. 

I eventually fell back to sleep but spent the rest of the night sweating to death, because there was NO WAY I was going to get out from under the covers or move away from Adam.

As I was walking Beauford this morning, all I could think about was the noise I heard.  I started second guessing myself, but then on the other hand, I KNEW what I heard.  When I came back inside from walking Beauford, Adam mentioned the whole incident and I started trying to describe the sound again.  And then…..

Adam -  “I heard it too.”
Me – “What tha…why didn’t you say anything last night?!?”
Adam – “I thought it would scare you more if I told you I heard it too.”
Me – “Yes, I was scared – to death!  Admit it, you were scared too.”
Adam – “I was pretty freaked out.”

The only thing we can think of is that we slept with the window open last night and that maybe it was one of the random cats that roams around our apartment complex.  I don’t know though. 

That sound was unbelievably scary.  I don’t think I can handle hearing it again.  It probably didn’t help that Adam and I have been watching American Horror Story on FX.

Can we say FREAK-Y!?!

Please don’t tell me I have a Paranormal Activity situation on my hands…..




post signature

3 comments:

  1. I know from having cats, them female cats when they are in season can make some pretty freaky howling noises. We had someone that thought we had our son locked up the basement because of the noises that would come from there. I am like no it is just a cat in season. Also, could Beauford been having a nightmare and howled in his sleep. I have Winston do that on a time or two. Dead asleep but howling at the moon. BOL We will wait to see what happens to night at the old homestead. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiding under the covers always makes things seem less scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am OBSESSED with that show!! So good!

    And Adam was smart... if Tripp told me he was scared, I would have slept with the lights on for the rest of the night!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...