Monday, October 24, 2011

Waiting on Baby Claire

Saturday, I had the pleasure of hosting (along with five other fabulous ladies) a baby shower for one of my dearest friends, Val.  Baby Claire will make her grand appearance in January, and I'm so stinkin' excited and thrilled for Val and Bob.

There was TONS of yummy food and drinks - even mimosas for us non-preggo folks.

We played baby pictionary and match the baby to their celebrity parent (I thought I would have done better on this one, but obviously I need to brush up on my US Weekly).

Val got lots of goodies for sweet Claire.

All the hostess with Val, including little Alex.
**Good grief, my hair looks gray!  I promise in real life there's not a speck of gray**

Chelle was even there.  It's so funny how things work out sometimes.  Chelle knew Val long before I did through the military.  She passed my resume along to Val when she found out I was moving to Nashville.  I ended up getting the job, me and Val became instant friends and now all three of us live within an hour of each other.  Crazy!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Chelle AND Val are having babies just two months apart from each other.  Neil, Claire and Beauford??? will have to have play dates - Ha!

ECD represented!  Love these ladies.

They don't come better than Val - seriously!  I'm so lucky to have Val as one of my dearest friends, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to die when she goes on maternity leave (NOT kidding!).  But I know that means one thing - Claire will be here, and I cannot WAIT to get my hands on that sweet baby girl!

Yup!



post signature

1 comment:

  1. And...I just teared up at my desk! So thankful for you and for Chelle for introducing us. I'll miss you when I'm on maternity leave too! Lunch dates!

    I had such a wonderful time at the shower - Claire is a lucky little girl.

    But...what the heck is up with my eyes in all the group pictures? Do I really look like that? :P

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...