Monday, September 26, 2011

Pumpkin Overload

I don't know about yall, but everywhere I turn are pumpkins!  I LOVE pumpkin ________ - just fill in the blank with any kind of yummy pumpkin treat.  Fall officially started last Friday and October will be here this weekend, so its time to break out all things pumpkin!

Pinterest is the root of this problem.  Have you been on there lately?!?  Every pin is another yummy and delicious pumpkin recipe.  So yesterday at the grocery store, I stocked up on some much  needed pumpkin supplies starting with this:
 I had it in my coffee this morning, and it was a-maz-ing!

and this:
I haven't made them yet, but they just looked so yummy...

At our house we always have a can of this lying around:
It's actually not for us, but for Beauford.  We mix a dollop of pumpkin in with Beauford's breakfast every morning to add some extra fiber to his diet.  Beauford LOVES it, and it has really helped with his bowel movements (Too much info?).  I never cook with it, because I only eat pumpkin goodies in the Fall.  So I decided last night it was time for a little pumpkin treat - this one to be exact:

Pumpkin Bread

OMG!  It's delicious!  You are gonna wanna try this one.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups sugar
2 cups pureed pumpkin
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup cooking oil

Instructions:

– Mix all ingredients together by hand.
– Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes in small loaf pans, or around 60 minutes in 2 large loaf pans. Remember each oven is different, so make sure and UNDER-SET your timer, so you don’t over bake the bread!
– Serve and enjoy!


**I always half the recipe and make one large loaf**

Happy Pumpkin Fall!



post signature

3 comments:

  1. MMMM, I love anything Fall, pumpkin, October or Halloween related!!! =) Super excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe! Following from Tasty Tuesday :)
    http://myp90xjourney55.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so amazing!! Stopping by from Tasty Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...