Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Favorite Muffins

Oh, how I love muffins! Of all the bazillion flavors, these are my go-to muffins.


My mom used to make these when I was a kid, and I still love them just as much as I did back then.  If given the option between blueberry or any of the other favorite muffin flavors, I will always go with bran.  I just love bran muffins, and these All-Bran muffins are so easy and delicious.  I'm not a fan of All-Bran cereal with milk, but it's delicious in this recipe.  These muffins are best right out of the oven.

Since I'm getting my daily fiber while eating them, I feel a little less guilty about devouring a pan of these bad boys (just kidding.....but I wanted too).  Not to mention, they are much better for you nutritionally than say a blueberry muffin.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Directions:
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.

3. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm.







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...