Friday, September 9, 2011

Few Things Friday

1. Last night we celebrated Adam's birthday with dinner at South Street followed by Live on the Green, a free six-week concert series that takes place at Public Square Park every Thursday night now until Oct. 13.
Upcoming weeks include Los Lonely Boys, Dirty Guv'nahs and Robert Randolph & The Family Band, to name a few.  It was a lot of fun, and next time we'll bring Mr. Beauf.  Chelle and Matt, you'll have to join us one Thursday night.

2. One of Adam's (many) birthday gifts was tickets to see his girlfriend Grace Potter at the Ryman this Sunday.  Let's just say, he was VERY excited.

Adam also got tickets to see the Avett Brothers in October and an iPhone 4.  He was one happy birthday boy!

3. I bought these lil cuties this past weekend at Target.
I LOVE them!  Every year I say I'm gonna buy some tall boots, and this year I actually did.  For the price I paid, these boots are fabulous!  Of course, like with all Target visits, I fell in love with two other pairs of shoes as well.  I can't stop thinking about them; they will be mine soon!

4. There is a groupon today for the Santa Hustle Smokies half marathon on Dec. 11 in Sevierville, Tenn.
All runners receive a Santa hat, beard and customized long sleeve dri-fit shirt to wear during the race.  How cool is that?!?
Adam and I are thinking about signing up (you can't bet Santa costumes and a groupon!).  It looks SO fun!!  Amanda, you up for another half in December??

5. We started watching True Blood last night on Netflix.
Everyone raves and raves about this show, so I had to see what it's all about.  I convinced Adam to give it a shot as well (even though everyone I know that raves about the show is female).  We only watched one episode and so far, its just ok.  I'm going to keep watching it though, because I know it takes some time to develop characters and get a story line going.

One thing's for sure - it's going to be hard getting past those HORRIBLE Southern accents.  Just because it's set in Louisiana, doesn't mean the characters have to have Southern accents.  Don't insult us true Southerners with your lousy imitation - FAIL!

6. Please say a prayer that Beauford still has somewhere to live when I get home.
We have been leaving Beauford out more and more while we are gone, but he has yet to stay out of his crate a full work day - until now.  He has done really good so far, and even stayed out eight hours one Saturday.  Today will be 10 1/2 hours.  I tried to explain to him before I left that this was a major test and could make or break him.  All doors are shut and everything he might try to get into is put away (I hope). Lawd, I pray he's being good....



post signature

1 comment:

  1. oh girl True Blood first season was HORRIBLE. Tara drives me bonkers with that accent...but something about how crazy that show is just keeps drawing me back in!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...