Monday, September 19, 2011

Bakerella

Do yall know her?  Bakerella is the mastermind behind cake pops with the cutest blog ever (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned her before).  I've been meaning to post about one of her recipes I recently tired - Peach Crunch Cake.  I personally would not consider it cake but more cobbler - I LOVE cobbler!  It is SO easy and SO yummy!


I first made this recipe with apple pie filling instead of peaches, because I just LOVE all things apple pie and it was really tasty.  I made it that way twice, but the third time I made it with peaches because that was all I had on hand.  Oh.My.GOODNESS!  There was a reason Bakerella used peaches - it was 10x better with peaches in my opinion.  Delicious!

This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare - tops!  You simply layer the ingredients; no stirring or anything.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
24.5 oz jar of sliced peaches in light syrup
1 package yellow cake mix
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), cut into 16 pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Layer ingredients in a 13 X 9 dish, in order starting with the peaches.
Bake for about 40 minutes.
Serve warm or cold… with or without ice cream.

**I halved the recipe and used an 8x8 pan instead.  It was the perfect size for me and Adam.  Just enough to have some left over for the next day, instead of for the next week....


Bakerella was one of the first blogs I ever started reading, and I've been a faithful follower ever since.  I mean, come on, with recipes like this, who wouldn't keep going back.  Check out Bakerella and try this recipe - you won't be disappointed!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. I detest peaches, but the apple pie filling sounds wonderful! My favorite cobbler is blackberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this too and it was SO good. Think I might have to make it again...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...