Thursday, August 18, 2011

Movie: The Help

Sunday afternoon, I met up with Val, Katie and Erin for a matinee showing of The Help. We'd all read the book and were dying to see it.  I mean, come on, it was set in my home state of Mississippi.

It was wonderful!  I'm not always a fan of movies based on books that I've read, but The Help was done perfectly.  The cast was everything I hoped they would be; I just loved it!  Even though I went with a bunch of girls, I think Adam would have really enjoyed it.  It's not a "chick flick" by no means (because you know I hate chick flicks); its just a predominantly female cast.

Though the movie is a great adaptation of the book, it left some parts out because DUH, the book is over 500 pages.  Even with the movie being over two hours long, you can't possible squeeze everything in from the book.  If you haven't read the book yet, I HIGHLY recommend it before (or after) you see the movie.  The book is just so wonderfully written.

These two stole my heart!  Their relationship in the book was so precious and came out perfect on the big screen.  You is kind, You is smart, You is important.

Check out the trailer if you have no idea what movie I'm rambling about:

Go see it!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting the trailer. I'm reading it right now, and love it. It's nice to be able to put faces to the characters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I about LOST it on the last one! They defintely did a good job turning it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...