Monday, August 22, 2011

I Heart the Apes

What can I say.  I loved the apes in '68
Ok, more like '98.  (I wasn't even a twinkle in my six-year-old mother's eye in '68 - HA!)

I loved them again in 2001

So naturally, I was totally pumped about the newest Planet of the Apes installment in 2011 -
Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Adam and I saw it this weekend, and HOLY MOLY!!  I thought it was SO good!  It's a prequel to Planet of the Apes explaining how the apes adapted and took control of the world.  It had some really heart wrenching parts involving animal cruelty.  Watching the first movie before seeing the prequel is not necessary, but it does make a little more sense and help you realize a few things.  I highly recommend it!

Check out the trailer:




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...