Friday, August 12, 2011

All Good Things Must Come To An End

**WARNING: Spoiler Alert Ahead**
If you have never seen/completed Lost and have any desire to in the future, you should stop reading now, because I'm going to talk about the ending.

So back in March, we started watching Lost, and Wednesday night we finally finished all six seasons/120 episodes. Yeah, that's 80 hours for Adam and 64 hours for me - remember I didn't re-watch season one like Adam.  When you say 64 hours, it just sounds bad....
That's debatable.

Anyway....

Ever since I started watching Lost, people have been giving me mixed reviews on the ending.  It was obvious that you either love it or hate it.  By the middle of season four, Adam and I were both over Lost.  The first two seasons were SO good!  It was eerie, suspenseful and we literally couldn't wait to start the next episode - but things changed.  It got, well for a lack of better words - ridiculous! (Time travel, black smoke "monster" - really?!?)  Had it been any other series, I would have stopped watching it (like Heros - what a disappointment!), but we both just wanted all of our questions answered and wanted to find out what the controversial ending was.

Trust me, I know!

So 64 hours later, all my questions were finally answered!  I knew I was going to either love or hate the ending, and I must say, I was happy with the way it ended.  It's not like they were dead the whole time; what happened on the island really happened.  I liked how they set the last season up with everyone in the aftermath of death, but you don't realize that until the end.  Like Jack's father said to Jack, these were the most important people in your life, and you all created a place to wait for each other so you could cross over together.  Some died way before Jack, and some died way after Jack.  I liked it.

No kiddin'!  You think you can have both Jack and Sawyer - pu-lease!

For all of Lost's craziness (and sometimes out right ridiculousness!), I really liked it and a little sad it's all over. 

I'll miss you Sawyer/James.....




post signature

1 comment:

  1. you liked it!?! Ugh, I'm still confused about the whole thing...one of the best tv shows ever in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...