Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Tie-Dyed Cupcakes

I have been wanting to make a rainbow cake for a while now, and recently Chelle posted pictures of one she made on her blog. I decided this past weekend would be the perfect opportunity to make rainbow cupcakes since kids would actually be around to fully appreciate their awesomeness.

They turned out SUPER cool!

I'm not sure if the kids really appreciated the tie-dyed cupcakes (as Adam referred to them as) as much as I'd hoped, but the icing was thoroughly enjoyed - that's for sure!

They were SO easy to make.  I used a yellow box cake and a can of cream cheese frosting.  Follow the directions on the box, and evenly divide the cake into four individual bowls for food coloring.  I put a spoonful of each colorful batter in the cupcake liner, just one on top of the other, and baked as directed.

Side note: I used the new snack size box of yellow cake mix that makes 12 cupcakes instead of 24.  I LOVE this!  When I make cupcakes, I always want to make just 12 because my cupcake carrier only holds 12.  The new snack boxes are awesome!

Skittles Tie-Dyed Cupcakes: Taste the Rainbow!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. Those turned out super cute! And snack sized cupcake mix? Yes please! I will have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...