Sunday, July 3, 2011

An Experience

Last night, Adam and I did something we have never done in our nine years together. We babysat FOUR children overnight! All I can say is HOLY MOLY!

My cousin Kimberly and her family are in town for the 4th of July until Tuesday.  Adam and I thought it would be nice to have all four of her children over to spend the night, so Kimberly and her husband could have a night on the town.

We swam, played on the playground, ate Happy Meals and cupcakes and had a big ole time.  Oh yeah, and lets not forget that in between all that fun was giving all four kids baths and changing a total of three poopy diapers.

I really had no idea what I was getting in to, and it was an eye opener.  Having children is NO JOKE!  I know it would be different if they were our kids, and we had some type of a routine, but I know it still wouldn't be a walk in the park. 

Poor Beauf didn't know what to think of these little creatures.  By the time it was all over, he was a little perturbed with the whole situation and wanted his spot back as center of attention.

 All four rugrats: Pacey, 6, Talynn, 3 and the twins, Keagan and Brayden, 2.

In the end, no one died or was seriously injuried, so I'd say it was a success!  It was a lot of fun, but also A LOT of work.  These four wore us out!  My hat's off to their parents; I'm not sure how they do it day in and day out.  Let's just say, when they left, Adam and I took a 2 1/2 hour recovery nap!



post signature

2 comments:

  1. So cute! You two are brave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious! I love how they're still wearing their water wings inside the house :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...