Thursday, July 14, 2011

Basset Nerds!

Yep! That's me and Adam, for sure! Who knew we would turn into these people?!?

Example #4,529:
I love watching Save By The Bell every morning at 7 a.m. while I'm getting ready for work.  It just plays in the background, because I don't have to actually see the screen to know what's happening.  I've seen every episode SO many times that I can visually see the scene in my head.

I've been telling Adam for a while about the episode where Zack loses Screech's basset hound, Hound Dog (named after Elvis), in a poker game against Maxwell Nerdstrom while trying to win money to replace the Elvis statue they broke while dancing around to "Bar, Bar, Bar, - Bar, Bar, Barbara Ann."

*Side note: this episode also features Tori Spelling as Violet Ann Bickerstaff who has a crush on Screech - "He's so dreamy."
 

Well the episode finally came on this morning, and I was SO excited for Adam to see Hound Dog!  Every time I knew a scene with Hound Dog was coming up, I would call for Adam, and he would come running so he could see that cute little pup.

This is not the first time this has happened.  I used to would have never even noticed a dog on tv, but now, I can spot a basset on tv faster than lightning.  Such as:

This Tommy Hilfiger commercial

and this Bud Light commercial

Bassets are just TOO dang cute!! What can I say, we love bassets, and it appears America does too (or at least Hollywood).

Just slap us in a couple of matching tees, because we've went over the edge!!

And, just in case you've been missing Mr. Beauf on the ole blog.....
He's still around looking cute as ever!



post signature

5 comments:

  1. Lovin' your sweet boy! What would we do without our babies!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny, there is a new Prevacid (the drug) commercial that features a cartoon basset, and it makes me think of you everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love seeing other bassets on the TV! We had no idea there was a basset on Saved By The Bell! Nice to see a photo of Mr. Beau too!

    Slobbers,
    The CheeseHounds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...I love watching Saved by the Bell in the mornings too! I have seen EVERY episode too, but it never gets old. LOVE IT!

    And I love your adorable dog!

    p.s. Hi - I'm a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basset hounds really look good on screen. I guess it's one of the reasons why most shows and movies have them as part of the cast. Not to mention, they're the logo of one popular footwear brand,

      Delete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...