Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July 10K

The 4th of July started bright and early with a 10K race.

 My cousin Kimberly ran the 5K, and Adam and I ran the 10K.  This was Kimberly's very first race EVER!

 The race took us all through downtown Nashville.  

The 10K was the 5K loop twice.  I did NOT know this ahead of time.  I HATE running the same route twice, because it's a mental struggle for me knowing that I'm going to have to run this same exact route all over again!

There were a few characters running the 5K..........literally!  How in the world the gorilla man did it, I still don't know!

 Get it, girl!

We did it!  Kimberly completed her first 5K, I came in at 1:01 and Adam at 55 minutes.  I wasn't too happy with my time, but I didn't stop running and I finished, so I guess that's all that really matters.

Congrats, Kimberly on your first 5K!  I'm glad I got to be a part of your monumental day.  You never forget your first!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...