Thursday, June 23, 2011

Sausage & Cheese Muffins

I made these muffins many moons ago and loved them, and after seeing them featured on Annalee's blog recently, I wanted to make them again.  I had half a roll of Jimmy Dean sausage in the fridge, so I decided to make sausage and cheese muffins combining the muffin recipe with my ole favorite sausage ball recipe.  They were delicious!  I LOVE sausage balls, but this recipe might have actually been better.

Ingredients:
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup sour cream
1 stick of butter, melted
1 roll of sausage, cooked and drained
1 tsp. rosemary
Grated cheddar cheese, as much as your heart stomach desires

Directions:
Mix Bisquick, sour cream and butter until combined.  Add sausage, rosemary and cheese. Spoon batter into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 375 for 22 minutes or until golden.  Serve warm.

I halved the recipe, and it made seven muffins.  PLENTY for me since Adam was out of town....sorry Adam, you missed out!!

A-MAZ-ING!!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Meant to tell you at lunch today how excited I am to try these! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on Annalee's blog too and wanted to try them, but I think your version would be perfect for a brunch I'm having this weekend! Do you think you could make the batter the day before and then just bake the morning of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mindi, I don't know how the batter would do being made the night before. I personally wouldn't chance it since it's for a brunch your hosting and not just for yourself. You could definitely have the sausage ready the night before though and the batter literally takes two seconds to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point.. I think I'll have the sausage ready beforehand and then mix up the morning of. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delish. Will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I want one now! And I think I have all the ingredients. My husband will love these!

    www.thisfarmfamilyslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...