Thursday, June 9, 2011

Part 2

Part 1 of our anniversary was celebrated with dinner at Bombasha Brazilian Steakhouse on Monday night - our actual anniversary.  It was delicious!  This was my first adventure (and I do mean adventure) to a Brazilian steakhouse, and the only way I can describe it is "Meat on Parade" - literally!  Servers walk around with 11 different types of meat on skewers (lamb, sausage, chicken, filet mignon, WHATEVER!) serving you until you A) Have enough self control and stop or B) Develop a "meat plug" (use your imagination on that one!).

Part 2 of the anniversary festivities took place last night at Zanies.  I'd never been to a comedy club, much less Zanies.

We got tickets to see the one and only, Ralphie May! He was only doing two shows, and we LUCKILY got tickets, because both sold out - as usual! 

This is the only picture I got, because I was at the show with my own personal Hall Monitor.  If you didn't know, Adam does NOT break the rules much less bend them.  So when they said no photography, by god that meant NO photography!  Adam almost had a stroke when I snuck and took this picture - I didn't use flash, so it's all good!  So the picture SUCKS, because Picture Nazi wouldn't let me try to take another one.

So since Ralphie just looks like a big blob in my picture (well, he is a big boy...), here's a decent picture in case you don't know who he is.

Ralphie was HILARIOUS!!  Adam and I literally laughed from start to finish.  He went for a solid hour and a half, and my face hurt by the end of the show from laughing so much.  Some rude girl in the audience yelled out in the middle of the show requesting Ralphie to do a certain joke - RUDE!  This wasn't a concert; you don't just yell out and request your favorite jokes.  Ralphie told her that he had already recorded that joke, and he only does new material.  I appreciate that.  He is constantly writing new jokes and not just recycling old ones.  Once I've heard a joke, I don't want to hear it again; I want something fresh and Ralphie delivered just that!!

Our second anniversary was fanFREAKINtastic!  Two years of bliss, and 100 more to look forward to!

Marriage = sleepovers every single night with your very best friend! It's pretty awesome! Sometimes your best friend drives you crazy and you want to kill them, but in the end, there's no one else you'd rather hang out with every single day.



post signature

2 comments:

  1. First, congrats on two years, and woo for many more to come!

    I was wondering if you do any of the online coupon deal thingys here in Nashville? the only reason i ask is b/c i think the brazilain steakhouse you guys went to was on there not too long ago and if that's where you got it i'm kicking myself for not getting one too.

    i couldn't find any kind of menu or description about it on line and wasn't brave enough!

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we did buy the online coupon! It was a Sharing Spree one. I'm glad we did, because it was pretty pricey! I was a little nervous to buy it as well because I couldn't find a menu online either, but I knew exactly where the restaurant was and it looked really nice and legit.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...