Thursday, June 30, 2011

Audio Books

On my way to and from Mississippi this weekend, I listened to my very first audio book.  Val was kind enough to check one out from the library for me since I have yet to get a library card (on the list...).  The Downtown Nashville library has a HUGE selection of audio books - who knew?!?

I settled on this little gem.

Everyone has been telling me how good the book is and how I need to read the book now that I have a dog.  I saw the movie back before I had Beauford and cried, so I knew this wasn't going to be pretty....

The book was SO good and of course, I cried - multiple times.  I could totally relate to the couple in the book, because just like them, we got Beauford just after a year of marriage as a somewhat baby tester. You know, the whole "If we can't keep a dog alive, then we have NO business with a kid...." kind of thing.  The book made me laugh and cry, and I just kept thinking - "Oh thank God Beauf is only a little over a year old..."  I know I'm going to have to face that day one day, but it's something I can't even image having to face anytime soon.

Listening to an audio book made the time go by SO much faster.  Thankfully, the book had a really good narrator - I hear narrators can make or break it.  Audio books will definitely be my trusty road trip companion from here on out.

I'll tell you one thing though, listening to that book made me want to race home to hug my little Beaufie.  I think Adam noticed that when I got home, because he said something along the lines of "Umm...hello?!?  Did you even notice me at the door waiting to greet you too..."

Ha!  Poor Adam.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites. I read it while I was on the plane from the US to the Philippines. Many times I would cry and the flight attendant noticed it and he gave me a puzzled look, I showed him the book and he smiled. He saw the movir and understood why I was crying. When I got home I gave Midori my Beagle a big and long hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our momma has read the book multiple times. There are tears and hugs for us every time!

    Slobbers,
    The CheeseHounds

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...