Wednesday, May 11, 2011

We've Made Full Circle

Yep, the rumors are true. Today is in fact my 26th birthday. Though birthdays are special in their own right, May 11 is also special for another reason. Today marks the one year anniversary of my blog. Last year on my birthday, I made a goal to blog every day for one full year, and I’m happy to report that I DID IT!

So where do I go from here? Do I continue blogging every.single.day? Do I stop blogging altogether since the goal is officially complete?

Heck No! I LOVE blogging and have no desire to stop anytime soon. I will say that I will continue to try to post everyday, but will not beat myself up or stay up til midnight (like I have this past year) just to get a post done. Blogging has turned into my favorite hobby, and I’ve met so many interesting people through it. Why Not On A Tuesday is not going anywhere!

What is my goal for this blog? To become a super, powerhouse blog like Skinny Runner, Pioneer Woman and Rock Star Diaries! Ok, now back to reality.... The goal is just to continue to have fun with it, and when it’s not fun anymore, I’ll stop. Plain and simple.

From now on, I will have a hyperlink at the bottom of every post that says “FLASHBACK: One Year Ago Today…” which will, of course, take you to the post from one year ago. I’m pretty excited about that. That is the purpose of blogging, right? To have your own personal journal to reflect upon.

I thought since it was my one year blog anniversary I would do my first giveaway.  I was thinking a week long Caribbean cruise might be fun or maybe 7-8 Kitchenaid stand mixers like ole Ree does, but then I thought, "Who wants any of that junk!?" So, I scrapped the idea - ha!

Here are some fun stats from one year of blogging:
Number of Followers: 92 (I really wanted to be at 100 by my birthday....*hint, hint* faithful readers who have yet to follow)
Number of Visitors: 28,583 
Number of Posts: 369, it appears I did more than just one post a day a couple of times... 
My favorite post: Definitely this one!  I had SO much fun that day!!  I laughed and laughed and then laughed some more!
Post with the most comments: Ironically, my favorite post also got the most comments with a whopping 13 (that's huge for me!)

So happy birthday to me and happy 1 year anniversary to Why Not On A Tuesday!  Here's to many more years!!




post signature

7 comments:

  1. Happy 26th Birthday. And we are glad we found your blog. We also thought we were already following you and we were not, but we are now. We were #93. :) Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog! But I don't subscribe to any blogs. I have the RSS feeds brought directly into my mail program in their own folder. It's so much easier for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! I've been very impressed & inspired by all of your work of the year.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...