Monday, May 16, 2011

The Power of Mother Nature

This past Saturday, Adam and I headed to Cullman, Ala. to help out after the recent tornadoes.  Parts of the town looked like nothing had ever happened, while other parts looked like a war zone.  Definitely took me back to my Katrina days.  My heart hurts for anyone who has to go through a natural disaster.


Our group of seven helped an elderly lady move a large ginormous tree that had fallen in her backyard. 
That tree was NO joke!  Look at my manly man running a chainsaw like a pro!

You got tickets?  To the gun show!!

The broken down wheelbarrow we were working with.

What was left after we were finished.

It might not have been much, but I'm glad we were able to help.



post signature

3 comments:

  1. I'm proud of y'all for going to help! It's really amazing how tornadoes "pick and choose" where to land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even imagine having to live through that and deal with it. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who were affected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless you and your hubby for helping after the tornadoes. My parents went through Hurricane Ike having 90% of Boliver Pennisula destroyed so I know very well what the destruction of mother nature can do. So glad you are willing to use them "GUNS" of yours for all that heavy lifting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...