Monday, May 2, 2011

He's Special.....

Welcome to my world.....

Phone rings this morning at work, and it's Adam.

Adam (in a sheer panic!): Shannon! The car is gone!!
Me: WHAT!!!
Adam: Yeah, it's been stolen! It's not in the parking lot.
Me: What do you mean it's been stolen!?! Are you sure?
Adam: Yes, I'm sure! It's not here!
Me: It was there last night, wasn't it? Oh my god! What do we do?
Adam: Yeah, it was there last night. It must have been stolen sometime during the night. I'm going to call the police.
Me: Ok.

I proceed to look up the number to the Nashville police and give it to him to call. After getting off the phone with Adam, I too am in a sheer panic and immediately run over to tell Val that our car has been stolen. Then....the phone rings again.

It's Adam.

Adam (MUCH calmer now): Don't be mad, but.....I forgot I drove the car to the gym this morning.
Shannon: WHAT!!

**Ah, yes. My sweet, absent-minded husband drove the car to the gym at our apartment complex this morning, forgot that he drove and walked back to the apartment leaving the car parked at the gym. To Adam's defense, he usually walks to the gym, but due to the rain this morning, drove.  When he left the gym, it was no longer raining, so he did his normal route of walking back to the apartment.**

Shannon: When did you realize this? Did you actually call the police?
Adam: I realized it when they answered the phone so I just said, 'Uh, I have the wrong number' and hung up. I'm an idiot!!
Shannon: Oh my gosh - are you trying to give me a freakin' heart attack!!

Just another day in my life being married to my darling husband....



On a completely different note:
"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Mark Twain


post signature

6 comments:

  1. Hehehehehe... this put a smile on my face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me laugh out loud. I've also thought my car was stolen before...but then I figured out that it was far more likely that I just forgot what level of the parkade it was on. (Oops.) I, however, didn't get far enough to actually call the police. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA I laughed the entire time I was reading this!! This soo sounds like something Joey would do so I called him over to read it and he thought it was hilarious too. Sweet absent minded husbands :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see Adam freaking out! Can we say "drama queen". You definitely have some ammo on him for at least a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...