Friday, April 8, 2011

Yogurt Covered Pretzels and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Since my email has been flooded recently with emails saying, "Shannon, why no new recipes" and "I only read your blog for your delicious recipes," I decided a new recipe was well overdue.  Ok, so maybe I didn't get the first email saying any of that, but it has been a while since I posted something delicious.  So without further ado, I give you......

Yogurt Covered Pretzels and Chocolate Chip Cookies!

O-M-G!  These bad boys are a-maz-ing!  As with ALL my recipes, this is not a Sumrall original.  I found this recipe on my new favorite baking blog, SugarDerby.com.  Be sure to check this blog out; she has the most interesting and unique recipes! 

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick Crisco butter flavored baking stick (sold on the baking isle near the shortening)
OR 1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup crushed yogurt covered pretzels
1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl and set aside.  Combine butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs.  Beat wet mixture with electric mixer, and gradually add in flour mixture.  Add crushed yogurt covered pretzels and milk chocolate chips to the mixture.  Scoop about 2 Tbsp per cookie onto baking sheet and bake for 9 minutes. Let cool for a bit then move to cooling rack.

Follow the above instructions and mix in 1 cup of chocolate chips (I already had mini chocolate chips on hand, so minis it was) and 1 cup crushed yogurt covered pretzels (not crushed too much; you want to have some crunch in your cookie) into the dough.


 Ready for the oven!  Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.

You are going to want to make these ASAP!

Hope you're Friday has been just as sweet as mine!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. oh
    my
    flippin'
    sakjsas

    those look so amazing. this is a slap in the head moment when i dont think of this on my own haha

    these are awesome

    renee
    babygeisler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...