Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WTF Wednesday

Can we just talk about the Boston Marathon for a minute? In case you live under a rock, the race was Monday, and Kenya's Geoffrey Mutai set a new world record - 2:03:02!

I CANNOT wrap my head around this time!?! Do you realize that is 4 minute miles!  It is simply unbelievable!

What is it with Kenyans and running fast?!? Is it something in the water over there? If so, I'll take 3 zillion bottles of Kenyan water ASAP!

Last night I ran 7 miles in 1:10.  At that time, the ole Kenyan had already FINISHED a half marathon! Holy moly!


I've got to step my game up if I'm going to be competing against Kenyans!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Forget winning, I am too slow to ever get into Boston.

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I know, aren't those times crazy?! Those people are running more than twice as fast as I do! And for 26 miles straight! I spent most of the day Monday in awe of those super-humans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it makes you feel better, you'd definitely be the Bugs Bunny to my slow turtle if you were racing me. I'd finish 7 miles in about a day and a nap later. Maybe. If I didn't call someone to come and pick me up.

    I'm new to you blog! I found you through FTLOB and I can't wait to read more! Feel free to check out my blog!

    Simply Kate

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...