Monday, April 18, 2011

We Are A Family

...Get up ev'rybody and sing! Ok, enough with the Pointer Sisters.....

So the speedy gonzales roadtrip was all planned around one thing: the Odom Family Reunion.

The reunion was yesterday in the bustling metropolis known as Richton, MS (ok, more like a one horse town...).  Richton is my dad's old stompin' grounds and home to most of the Odoms.  I haven't been to the family reunion since 2008, so I was excited to see everyone. Here's some pictures from the day:

 Uncle Jody, Aunt Tony and my cousin Adina.

 Me and Pa, my dad's dad.

 Dad and Bren: love these two!

 Brother!

 My travelin' buddies: Uncle Doug and Adina.

 Jersey waving bye as we pulled out for Nashville.  Don't let her looks fool you; she's feisty!

I had such a wonderful time visiting with family.  I even got to see Jessie and Corri for a minute, but neither were able to make it to the reunion.  It might have been a fast trip, but it was worth it!  Once we hit the road for Tennessee, I was ready to get home to my boys!

I missed them! It was my first night away from Beauf since we got him. (Don't laugh; I told you he's my first born.....)


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go, sad that I wasn't in MS to see you. Don't feel bad about Beauf, I called the vet 2 times to check on Duece the first time we boarded him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt, I didn't know you missed me so much! Haha, Robert!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...