Sunday, April 3, 2011

RUN!

10 miles boys and girls! 10 miles!! Yep, that's what I ran this morning. The best part was that it was our first time to run part of the actual half marathon course.  The weather was perfect, and there were a lot of fellow joggers out and about.

The course starts out at the beautiful Centennial Park.
I tried out my new compression sleeves for the first time today.  They are supposed to help with shin splints which I have been experiencing on long runs. Verdict: Amazing, except I was starting to get really hot towards the end of the 10 miles.  I am also a bit claustrophobic, so it was a constant struggle to not think about how tight they were around my calves, and how they are not easy to get off in a moment of panic.....but that's just me and my crazy self!

Adam said I'm about to be in the "too much gear" category.  Not true......

Adam "supposedly" stretching.... 
Side note: Adam is wearing a yellow shirt, and I'm wearing lime green.  We are NOT matching.  If you know Adam, then you know this is his greatest fear - for us to ever match! ha!

The course heads down Broadway towards all the famous honky tonks, 

 and then to Music Row.



Adam and I also tried GU packets for the first time today.  Adam really liked his, but I thought my tasted like taking a shot of frosting (gross!), and I saw no benefit.  I would try one again, but just another flavor.

Next week we are running 12 miles with a running group in East Nashville called the East Nasties.  We are REALLY excited!

D-Day (April 30) is rapidly approaching!!



post signature

6 comments:

  1. I did about 9.5 along the route yesterday morning. If you run it on Saturdays or during the week there is a bike shop along that first curve of Belmont that leaves water outside for you to fill up. Hope you and Adam had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, good to know! Too bad we didn't run into each yesterday on the route....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I found you! I'm also training for the Country Music Half! It's coming up soon (yikes!)

    Sarah
    Uberlibrariana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! Your comment about matching shirts made me laugh...i can't tell you how many times one of us has had to go change so we wouldn't look the same :)

    I found you on FTLOB...I'm looking forward to seeing how you do on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving Mr. Beauford! What a stud! Anyway, I am really interested in those compressions from shin splints... I never knew something like that exsisted! Congrats on your ten miles, and here's to many more!

    I hopped on over from FTLOB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessie, I'm no compression sleeve expert thats for sure. I first learned about them from Skinny Runner (skinnyrunnner.com); she wears them often.

    Here is a link to CEP which is probably the most popular compression sleeve manufacturer, and it explains the benefits: http://www.cepsocks.com/cep-all-sports-compression-sleeves.html#details

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...