Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vacay!

I'm so excited to reveal our summer vacay destination!  We will be vacationing in......
Banff, Alberta, Canada!!!

It's officially official! May 24-29, we're out of here!  The flights are booked, the room is reserved and the car is rented!

This is the lodge where we'll be staying for six amazing days and five glorious nights!  How amazing are those mountains right behind the lodge!?!  Seriously!!

You have no idea how excited we are!  This will be me and Adam's first time out of the country!

Canada, here we come!!

"No, life cannot be understood flat on a page.
It has to be lived;
a person has to get out of his head,
has to fall in love,
has to memorize poems,
has to jump off bridges into rivers,
has to stand in an empty desert and whisper sonnets under his breath...
We get one story, you and I, and one story alone.
God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and resolution.
It would be a crime not to venture out, wouldn't it?"

Donald Miller, Through Painted Deserts



post signature

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. Who watches the fur-kid while you go away? We are lucky our 2-legged brother comes to stay with us when our humans leave us behind. Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this will be our first trip away since we got Beauford, so that is TBD! Most likely we will be boarding him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm originally from Alberta! I love Banff, it's so beautiful. We went back just last summer. Taking the gondola up Sulphur Mountain and walking the path along the mountains is great - the view is amazing. I hope you enjoy Canada! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am jealous!!! Jon has family in eastern Canada so we are planning to go up in July for a visit. But I keep telling him I want to go to Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness don't board Beauford!!! I'll keep him.
    But really, I came to say I love that poem, I'm going to steal it. Also, Canada looks b-e-a-utiful!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...