Friday, March 18, 2011

Sugar Overload

Tomorrow, I'm heading to Chattanooga to see my baby sister, Jessie, who's in town for a band competition (more on that tomorrow). Just like for her last band competition in Birmingham, I made her some good luck goodies.

I might have went a little overboard, but oh well! I don't see my sweet sister often, so she needed a lot of goodies!

First up:
Nutter Butter Crunch.  Simply nutter butter balls on top of a pretzel.  I like the extra crunch the pretzel gives it!

Second:
Strawberry Whoopie Pies!  Strawberry cake is Jessie's fav.

And last, but definitely not least.  Something to cut all the sweetness:
Sausage balls.  I LOVE sausage balls and so does Jess!

Here is the recipe for sausage balls.  The other two treats can be found on my recipe page.

Ingredients:
3 cups bisquick
4 cups grated sharp cheddard
1 roll of ground sausage
1/2 tbsp black pepper
tsp rosemary

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.  Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.  Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.


Can't wait to give Jess her goodies!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Great post, cannot wait to try out some of those recipes! New follower, hope to see you follow back :)
    http://kellyhunterphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...