Saturday, March 26, 2011

Slow and Steady.....

wins finishes the race!  I wasn't so much "slow and steady" as I was "fast as lightnin'" (ha! yeah right!), but I did finish my very first 15k today!!

Adam and I ran in the CCC 15k Trail Run in Columbia this morning. (15k = 9.3 miles!) The race was held on a mountain bike trail.  It rained last night and this morning which made for a VERY muddy/slick trail!

Pre-race:
Adam - SUPER excited

Me - nervous!  We pulled up and every car had a 26.2 sticker on it (marathon sticker).  That, my friends, is intimidating.  They are "real" runners, and I'm just - well a poser!  Not really, but I'm no marathoner! 

There were over 100 people in the race.  I tried to take pictures, but well, it wasn't easy running, taking pictures and trying not to bust my ass on a little tiny trail.  These are the best ones I got, and they're pretty crappy.

It was SO cool running through the woods, but also a little scary in a few spots because of the mud.  I can't even count the number of times I almost fell (never did, but a couple of close calls).  I was slipping and sliding everywhere.

The trail was a mountain bike trail, so it was literally up one hill and down another just to find another hill!

This guy ran the whole 9.3 miles with his pup by his side.  I couldn't believe it.  Beauford would have turned back at mile one! (he's got short legs...)

Adam finished in 1 hour and 26 minutes, and I finished in 1 hour and 39 minutes.  I really couldn't care less about the time.  It was about finishing for me.  I ran 9.3 miles; I ran a 15k!  I'd say I'm pretty proud of myself!



post signature

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Nicole! It was very muddy but a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the race! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I think it's awesome you were able to finish your race.

    My girls would not run with me either. Daisy starts protesting by mile 3 of an easy hike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Proud of both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the race, you should feel really good and proud of yourself.

    I have run lots and lots, I have done probably 10 half marathons and 4 full marathons over the past 4 years and I have done everyone of them slow and steady.

    enjoy the run,

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!
    Wow that is quite the race you did..it looks like challenging terrain..way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You, ma'am, are a runner! That's a megahardawesome story. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...