Thursday, March 17, 2011

Go Green!

Being that I'm part Irish, I'm required to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  Just kidding!  Not on the part Irish part.  To be honest, all I know about St. Patrick's Day is wearing green, pots of gold and leprechauns.

Such as this little guy:

NOT this guy!
Remember the movie Leprechaun?!?  SUPER scary when I was a wee lad.  Fun fact: Leprechaun was Jennifer Aniston's first movie (a tad bit embarrassing, I would say).

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I made my co-workers and Adam some green cupcakes!

You can't tell from this picture, but they're minis!

I found this recipe and tweaked it a little (my version below).

Ingredients:
1 Box yellow cake mix
4 eggs
1/2 Cup water
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 Cup plain yogurt or sour cream
Green and yellow food coloring
1 can of cream cheese frosting

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a stand or electric mixer, add cake mix, eggs, water, oil, pudding and yogurt.  Beat on medium for 1 1/2 minutes.  Slowly beat in green food coloring until you get desired color of green (I used just about the whole green bottle).  Scoop batter into paper lined mini cupcake tins.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cooked through.  Let cool completely.  Stir yellow food coloring into the can of frosting until you get desired color of yellow.

Super moist and delicious!


Now for some fun!  If you haven't seen this video before, you're in for a treat!




For Adam.  Heck, I like South Park too! 




Happy St. Patrick's Day!


post signature

3 comments:

  1. We are still looking for "EVERYTHING GREEN" recipes for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS linky party! I would love for you to link up your recipe.

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-20-go.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those cupcakes. I have a bad sweet tooth right now! Found you on Boost My Blog Friday. Stop by if you'd like!
    Heather
    www.thingsthatkeepmesane.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for coming by and linking up to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "everything green"! Each Monday is a new theme and on this Monday it will be CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE. I hope you have a recipe to come link-up (or maybe this will inspire you to make something new this weekend). Hope to see ya Monday at THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/search/label/THIS%20WEEKS%20CRAVINGS

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...