Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flashback

Growing up, I LOVED me some Nickelodeon. Who didn't!?!
Well, Adam for one. (ha!) He didn't have cable growing up, and quickly reminds me every time I mention a show I loved from childhood that he has no idea about.

Adam - "I didn't sit inside all day watching tv.  I was outside building forts, riding bikes and hanging out with the neighborhood kids."

Me - "Oh, puuuleeease!  Well, probably because you didn't have cable." HA!

I didn't sit in front of the tv all day either, but I'm also not going to pretend like I didn't watch tv when I was a kid like some people (ADAM!)  I had cable, and it just may or may not have been illegal satellite (don't judge me - that falls on my parents' heads, not mine!).

90s Nickelodeon was a-maz-ing!  Looking back, most of the shows were simply kid versions of popular adult shows.  It so funny how the mind works.  I remember all the following details simply from memory. (Sometimes, I even impress myself!)

Clarissa Explains It All
Oh Melissa Joan Hart.  How cool was she - seriously!  Clarissa had the coolest outfits, and her best friend/hottie, Sean, came and went as he pleased by climbing a ladder up to her bedroom window.  She also had an annoying little red headed brother named Ferguson.  (I may or may not of had an annoying little red headed sister to deal with myself.....)

Salute Your Shorts
All I remember is the song, "Camp Anawanna, we hold you in our hearts.  And when we think about you, it makes me wanna FART!" and the fat guy everyone called Donkey Lips.

All That  
*Kid version of SNL.  I thought it was SO funny!

Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Let's not even kid.  This show scared the heck out of me!  I couldn't watch it when I was home alone.  *Kid version of Tales from the Crypt.

GUTS
I loved all the kid game shows on Nickelodeon like Legends of the Hidden Temple and Double Dare, but my all time favorite was GUTS!  Oh my goodness, I wanted to be on GUTS so bad!  I just knew I would dominate, especially that huge mountain at the end.  There was usually always two boy contestants and one girl (typical!).  And sadly enough, a boy usually won.  But I just knew, if given the chance, I could represent for the girls (Girl Power, Wut!) *Kid version of American Gladiators.

"They just don't make good tv like that anymore....."


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these were more of my brother's time but I remember them so clearly!!! Do you remember Hey Dude? That was our favorite... We'd watch Saved By The Bell on one channel and then switch over to Hey Dude right before dinner time!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I remember Hey Dude. It had the hottie Brad - haha! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon, great show picks! There was also a show that I loved...The Adventures of Pete and Pete!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole, that's too funny bc that was the one show I hated!! Lol! It was too strange for me!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...