Friday, March 11, 2011

Dinner & A Show

Ok, so maybe it was actually a homemade dinner and a television show.....whatev!

At the end of a looooong work week, nothing sounds better than a yummy{hassle free}dinner and cozying up on the couch with Beauford, no I mean Adam, no I had it right the first time - Beaufie!! (just kidding, Honey!!)

I found this yummy recipe for "Manly Meaty Pasta Salad" (gotta love that name) and decided to give it a try.

It was very tasty and like I said, hassle free!  TBD if it's better than my pesto pasta salad.

Ingredients:
1 pound of pasta
2 ¼ inch deli slices of ham
2 ¼ inch deli slices of pepperoni
2 ¼ inch deli slices of salami
8 ounce block of mozzarella cheese
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1 can sliced black olives
1 16 ounce bottle Zesty Italian Dressing

Directions:
Cook pasta in salted water. While pasta is cooking, cut up ham, pepperoni, salami, mozzarella and tomatoes.  Drain pasta and mix in all dressing. When the pasta has cooled down some, mix in your ham, pepperoni, salami, mozzarella, tomatoes and olives. (You do not want to mix everything in with the pasta still hot, because it will start to melt the cheese).  Set pasta mixture in the refrigerator overnight or for at least a few hours.


So what's on the tube tonight?
Yeah, I know, we're a little late.  To give us credit, we did watch season one with the rest of America, but were unable to keep up with season two.  Not because we didn't love it, but life/school got in the way of our Lost watching time.  And all of you know that if you don't watch Every.Single.Episode of Lost, you are, well....LOST!

So since it's been like five years (literally) since we watched season one, Adam insisted on re-watching it.  I didn't re-watch it with him (because I remembered the important parts), but I have started watching season two.  It is SO good, and I love that I don't have to wait til next week to watch another episode - that makes it that much better! 

We have been watching episode after episode and loving it.  Every time we watch it though, it gives me the creeps.  It's so eery and unsettling.  Still love it!

So that's it!  That sums up the Sumrall's Friday night!  I'd say it's perfect!  Hope you're having a wonderful Friday night doing whatever it is you may be doing.


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I do love a good 'ol night of dinner and a show at home and I am glad I am not the only one who feels that way! You and I are a lot alike in that watching tv without one of our 3 animals leaning against me feels very incomplete!
    That recipe sounds perfect and I will bookmark it for a night when we catch up on back episodes of Big Love....sorry, we don't know much about Lost but maybe we should!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...