Sunday, February 13, 2011

You Ready?

For Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Adam and I are actually celebrating Valentine's Day today due to conflicting work schedules tomorrow (boo!).  We exchanged gifts this morning, headed over to the dog park with Beauford in the B-E-A-UTIFUL weather, and we're going out for dinner tonight.

I just had to share this cute little Valentine's card we received from Adam's parents.  Love it!

I picked up this little guy for Adam.  We NEVER buy each other boxes of chocolates on V-day (because it's hit or miss with those mystery pieces of  chocolate), but this little guy was just calling for me on the Valentine's aisle at Target.  Have we I turned into one of those people who only receive/buy basset paraphernalia?!?  Lawd, help me!  Bassets are so cute though!  I don't have any basset figurines sitting around the house yet, so I think I'm in the clear...

I also decided to make some little V-day goodies for my co-workers tomorrow.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pies!  This is Bakerella's recipe (she actually calls them Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies, but I think whoopie pies is more appropriate).  So easy, so good! (I know I say that with most of my recipes, but honestly, most of my recipes are really easy.)

All you need are these ingredients: box cake, can of frosting, two eggs and a stick of butter.

Right out of the oven!

Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 Box red velvet cake mix (or any flavor you prefer)
1/2 Cup butter, softened to room temperature
2 Eggs
1 can cream cheese frosting (or any flavor you prefer)
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix ingredients until combined.
  • Drop spoonfuls of cookie batter onto baking sheet about two inches apart.
  • Bake for 9 minutes.
  • Cool and assemble whoopie pies.
Easy peasy!

Hope you're enjoying your weekend!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. I made red velvet whoopie pies too! They are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I wish I would have made something festive for my co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmygoshh-those whoopie pies look amazing. I'm a sucker for anything red velvet. And I laughed out loud at your "are we becoming those basset owner people"..b/c I'm always looking for stuff that has a dog that resembles Rocco! Since his breed is more uncommon, I get all excited about anything that has a Brittany spaniel on it!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...