Friday, February 18, 2011

Sitar

I was first introduced to Indian food by my two sweet friends, Jessica and Sherry, back in Chapel Hill at Mint, a local Indian restaurant. It was so delicious that I convinced Adam to try it. We decided to try another local Chapel Hill Indian restaurant (mistake!), and it was not even as good as Mint (heck, just plain bad). Ever since then, Adam has been a "no go" to Indian cuisine.

Well, things change! New city, new outlook. We decided to try Sitar tonight.
 It was voted Best Indian Restaurant in Nashville, so it has to be good, right?

First up: assorted appetizer of Samosa, Pakoras, and Papadum.  SO good!
.
 Adam's Indian beer - recommended to him by the waiter.  He liked it a lot.

Adam ordered Lamb Fraizee. (Lamb cooked in special gravy, onions, tomatoes and bell pepper; tossed in an Indian iron skillet.)


 For me - Chicken Tikka Masala (Pieces of chicken tikka cooked in a creamy sauce with fresh tomato and exotic spices.)

It was all so delicious!  We were both very pleased with our meals and left with two stuffed bellies.  I can see why Sitar was voted Best Indian Restaurant in Nashville; it definitely lived up to it's title!


post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yum! That looks delicious:) I now want Indian food....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and I have been there and really liked it. I think we tried almost the same exact app and meals! I am really starting to think we have the same food taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon and I have been there and really liked it. I think we tried almost the same exact app and meals! I am really starting to think we have the same food taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree Katie! We should get together for a double date dinner date one night.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...