Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Secret Ingredient" Brownies

They look like your average brownies except for one part.....

There's BACON in them!

Before you going into gagging mode, hear me out.  I've been seeing a lot of bacon and chocolate combination on other blogs and on tv; both bacon brownies and bacon dipped in chocolate.  Each source raved about how amazingly delicious this combination is, so I wanted to try it myself.

First, I fried up some bacon (5 strips) to my desired crispiness and drained them on a paper towel.  Once cooled, I chopped the bacon into bit size pieces.

  I used just a plain ole box of brownie mix.
Mix brownies up as instructed on box.

Pour half of the brownie mix in an 8x8 greased pan and sprinkle with bacon.

 Top bacon with the remainder of brownie batter, and it's ready for the oven.  Cook as directed on box.

 There you have it - Bacon Brownies!

Bacon Brownie Reviews:
  • Adam knew upfront what was in the brownies, and he was not a fan....AT ALL!
  • Val and Nicole were only told there was a secret ingredient, and neither one of them could figure out what it was.
Nicole: "I can't figure out what it is, but it taste like breakfast.  Is there syrup in it?" (HA! You're on the right track.)
Val: "Now that you've told me it's bacon, it's very obvious that it's bacon."

They both said they tasted good, but were not sure if bacon brownies were actually better than just plain ole brownies.  I agree.  I could take them or leave them.  Try them for yourself, and you be the judge.


post signature

9 comments:

  1. Actually had some bacon fudge at work the other day a co-worker brought in. Was not bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was linking up at Someday Crafts and saw these and had to check out something called bacon brownies! They look awesome and I'm definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I know a certain toddler who would love these! (My niece is a total bacon hound!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My 19 year old will go nuts for these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow... I am going to make those. My family is not going to be believe the bacon!

    I am a new follower... please come visit me and be sure to grab my Sweet Saturdays Link Party button!
    http://justcraftytoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also seen bacon and chocolate used together on all the fancy shows on Food Network...might be worth trying! 2 of my favorite pleasures are chocolate and bacon, so why not mix? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hysterical!
    My husband loves his bacon.
    I am sure he would be up for them
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI! I'm hosting a link up this week -- It's a Keeper Thursdays! I hope you can come over and link up!

    Thanks!
    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  9. this sounds super I think I will try this soon

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...