Bacon-Cheese Pull Aparts
I made this for breakfast Saturday morning - delicious! I found the recipe on this blog a while back and having been dying to try it. It was really good and super easy. I think next time I would add another egg and cover the top in cheese. Here is the recipe:
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 (16.3 oz.) can Pillsbury® Grands® Flaky Layers Refrigerated Original Biscuits
- 4-6 slices crispy bacon, cooked and broken into 1/2-inch pieces (or you can use 4-6 Tablespoons packaged real bacon pieces)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4-1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (4-5 medium), using both the green and white parts of the onion
- 1 (4-ounce) can mushroom pieces (optional)
- cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 11×7″ or 12×8″ (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray (if you don’t having either of those size pans, you could probably use a 9×13″ pan–it just may turn out a little flatter). In large bowl, beat egg and milk with wire whisk until smooth. Separate biscuit dough into 8 biscuits and cut each biscuit into quarters. Gently stir the biscuit pieces into egg mixture to coat evenly, then fold in bacon, cheese, onions, and mushrooms, if desired. Spoon the mixture into your sprayed baking pan and arrange biscuit pieces in a single layer. Bake 23-28 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm by cutting into squares, or just pulling biscuits apart. Makes about 8 servings.
Oatmeal Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Chip Cookies (that's a mouth full!)
This was also a new recipe. I have made this recipe before just using raisins and loved it, but have never actually made it with cranberries, pecans and white chocolate chips. They are SO delicious. Like with my chocolate chip cookies, the secret it to only bake the cookies for nine minutes NO MATTER WHAT. They will not look done, but once they cool, they will be perfect - trust me.
This recipe made 30 cookies, so a lot of people got cookies today at the office. I just can't feel good about Adam and I eating 30 cookies....
- 2 sticks, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 9 minutes. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.