Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Foot Stompin' New Year's Eve

Talk about a way to ring in the New Year!  Adam and I rang in 2011 at the Ryman with Old Crow Medicine Show.

If you have never been to the Ryman or are not familiar with the venue, it used to be a church before becoming home to the Grand Ole Opry.  The seating inside is still church pews.  It was really neat, because our tickets were for a little two-seater pew to ourselves.

The concert was sold out, and we were excited to get the show started.  This was Old Crow Medicine Show's second year in a row to play at the Ryman on New Year's eve.

There they are!  If your not familiar with Old Crow Medicine Show, number one - I'm not surprised and number 2 - you're missing out!  They are definitely not mainstream.  It is a blue grass band (I know what your thinking - blue grass!).  Adam nor I are big blue grass fans, but this band is different.  You'll just have to look them up on YouTube or iTunes (or my video below) and give them a chance; you'll be pleasantly surprised I bet.

Happy New Year! Balloons rained down on the crowd at midnight.

These guys are true musicians and put on an AMAZING show.  There was a lot of foot stompin' going on, that's for sure!


This is a clip from Old Crow Medicine Show's first song of 2011 - their remake of Bob Dylan's Wagon Wheel (my favorite song of theirs).  The video quality is poor, so I apologize in advance.  I shot this with my new camera, and I usually use my flip camera.  My new camera is FABULOUS when it comes to pictures and close up video, but I think I will stick to the flip camera for shooting video that is not as close up.

Hope your New Year's Eve was just as exciting!  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great time! One day I will get to go down to the Ryman. We've done a lot down town, but have never gone there.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...