Sunday, January 30, 2011

Facing Fears

I don't know about yall, but this scares me:
I know A LOT of dogs do it, and nothing ever happens, but I have been very hesitant to let ole Beauford try.

With the weather being SO beautiful this weekend, we decided to give it a try on our way to the dog park this afternoon.  There's nothing better than driving with the windows down on a perfect day like today.

 I was nervous at first, so I let the window down just low enough for him to get his nose out.

 Seeing that he wasn't trying to jump out, I went a little lower...

 Until the window was finally all the way down.


I think Beauford enjoyed it for the first five minutes or so, and then he was over it and went back to chillin' in the backseat.  Oh well, at least I know he won't jump now!



post signature

7 comments:

  1. Did you see the clip in the movie "Marley and Me" where Marley's front legs were walking along the road while his other half was inside the car? That scene is what I think about when our dog is in the car but I don't think any dog but Marley could be THAT daring as to hop out of the car! Beauford looks adorable in the backseat! Were his ears flying in the wind?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Beauford...he is barely tall enough to peek his head over. I don't think you would have to worry about him. But I know what you mean, because that totally makes me nervous with Deuce. Glad that you and B had a mommy/son bonding moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand that fear! Luckily my dogs are a bit taller so I just open the window a crack. They all the joys of sniffing and i don't have to worry about then jumping or falling out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Teacher's Pet - No ears flopping in the wind. He would only put his head out when the car was stopped. I guess he didn't care for the wind in his face.

    @Chelle - Yeah, I don't think Beauford will jump out because the more I thought about it, I can't even get him to jump out of the car when the door is open and I'm calling him...I have to literally pick him up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get him a doggy seat belt! I had one for my old dog so that he wouldn't wander around while I was driving :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan wuold never do that with us. We like to bark and Buddy goes crackers when he sees something to bark at. He would be dumb ... uh, sorry, Buddy ... Buddy would be brave enough to jump out the window instead of over the seat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauford,
    Lookin' Good, Beauford! You have to let your ears fly!!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...