Saturday, January 8, 2011

Climb Nashville

I'm not going to lie - I was a little hesitant when Nicole invited me to join her and her friend, Erin, for rock climbing at Climb Nashville.  I have never been rock climbing, so I was nervous and excited at the same time.  I knew it would be SO much fun if I could just get past the height thing...

Erin and Nicole were both really good.  That's Erin at the very top scaling the wall like it ain't nothing,

 and here's Nicole.  Nicole was SO fast - no joke!

Ok, my turn!  Nicole hooked my belay up, because I didn't know what the heck I was doing.

I quickly learned that my long legs and arms are very beneficial when rock climbing.


 I did it!  It is such a rush when you make it to the top.  We did four different walls ranging in difficulty levels.  Some of those walls were SUPER intense, but I made it to the top every time.

Here are some pictures of us showing off our bad a** bouldering skills.
 Me

 Erin

 Nicole

Ok, so maybe those pictures were just a tad bit staged - bouldering's hard!  Much harder than rock climbing.  Bouldering is done WITHOUT a harness.  We did boulder, just not so much upside down - though some people were.

SO much fun!  Can't wait to go again!

3 comments:

  1. Rock climbing is a lot of fun! I used to go with a friend several times a month. My technique leaves something to be desired but I always had fun:) Glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you forgot to tell everyone how good you were! I've never seen anyone take to climbing on their first try as easily as you did. Can't wait to go again...and next time I'll take it slower so I don't wear out my muscles as fast! (what little there is of them) haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could do it, but I'm a big scaredy cat.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...