Monday, January 17, 2011

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Yall know I hold a special place in my heart for Paula Deen.  She is fabulous twice over, and once again, she didn't let me down.  I have made this recipe several times, and it's always a crowd pleaser.  When I got the urge to bake the other day, I asked Adam what dessert I should make, and he said suggested cheesecake.  I knew immediately that I should make Paula Deen's caramel apple cheesecake.  It's really simple to make and SO delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 1 (21-ounce) can apple pie filling
  • 1 (9-inch) graham cracker crust
  • 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup caramel topping
  • 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Reserve 3/4 cup of the apple filling; set aside. Spoon the remaining filling into the crust. 

Beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add the eggs and mix well. Pour this over the pie filling.

Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center of the cake is set. Cool to room temperature.

Mix the reserved pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan and heat for about 1 minute, or until spreadable. 

Spoon the apple-caramel mixture over the top of the cheesecake and spread evenly.   Decorate the edge of the cake with pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve.

And yes, it's taste just as good as it looks!  Just ask Adam; he had two slices!

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy, you gotta love a Paula Deen recipe. Your cheesecake looks like it belongs on a bakery shelf. It sounds delish. By the way, I'm starting a new linky on my blog this Saturday called "Sweets for a Saturday." If you get a chance, I'd like to invite you to come by then and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooooooo Yummmmmmm!
    Would love you to drop in and share it on my Blog

    http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2011/01/food-fight-friday-anything-goes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dessert it looks so yummy, but I must say I am a little distracted by my love for your dog. That is one sweet baby!
    Christine
    greatoakcircle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your apple cheesecake looks delicious. Never thought of combining the 2 until now! Such a great idea.

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good Luck.
    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    BTW, I'm your newest follower! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Paula Deen and got to see her in a live presentation in Chicago a few years ago. Our cheeks and sides hurt from laughing so much!! I have made this fabulous recipe - thanks for reminding me of it. I will have to try it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday. I truly appreciate your support and hope that you'll be able to join in again next Saturday. By then I'll have a cute button that you can grab.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...