Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Taco Soup

In these parts of the woods, it has been COLD.  I mean bone chillin' COLD!  Tonight, it is supposed to get into the teens - TEENS!  That is too cold for me!  What goes perfect with cold weather?  Well, a warm bowl of soup, of course!  Last night, I made a big pot of taco soup.  Taco soup is Adam's favorite soup, and I like it a lot too.  If you can open some cans, you can make taco soup.  It's really that easy.

Ingredients:
7-8 chicken tenderloins, cooked and shredded.  (You can use 1 lb of hamburger meat, cooked and drained, if you prefer.)

Chop up one onion and saute in a large pot with a little bit of oil until tender (if you are using hamburger meat, cook the two together).  Add shredded chicken, shoe peg corn, two cans rotel, two cans pinto beans, can of tomato sauce, packet of ranch dressing and a packet of taco seasoning to the pot.

 Cover ingredients with water and bring to a boil.  Lower to a simmer until ready to serve.  The longer it simmers, the more flavorful.  I let mine simmer at least 30 minutes.

Topped with Frito corn chips, sour cream and cheese.  This is sure to warm your insides back up!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy dish especially on a cold night like this one...
    Stopping by and following your blog from the F.M.B.T blog hop...
    Have a happy holiday season!
    Best,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you just made me crave for a soup like this, thank you very much!:P haha I am now following you thanks to Follow Me Back Tuesday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our Show Yo' Flow Campaign today to see the interview we have in Jocelyn and the amazing surprises she has for everybody:) See you there! Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence, I have Taco Soup going in the crock-pot for supper tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was mighty cold here last night. I swear I don't remember it being this cold last December..but maybe I just try to push those memories to the back.
    Taco soup sounds good, we may have that this week. I need some warm soup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna try this recipe. Thanks! I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks amazing! I will definitely have to try it, thanks for posting.

    I'm your newest follower from the Thirsty Thursday blog hop!!

    =)
    Morgan
    http://tattedmom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...